1 day ago
Friday, January 15, 2010
Spring Was in the Air
If you're as sick of my Halloween post as I am, then this post will come as a welcome treat, even if it's not.
Just three weeks ago my Paperwhite Ziva's were mere bulbs--wee babes. I've nurtured and protected the delicate shoots to ensure that they would produce blossoms--- a sort of "lifeline" for me to Spring and sanity. Like magic they appeared just yesterday--as beautiful and as delicate as the picture on the box promised.
I only wish they had been required to write up a full description of the flower. A phrase like "delicate, white, urine scented blossoms" would have helped out a lot.
Spencer: "Yuck! Why does the kitchen smell like urine!?"
Kendal: "Ugh! Is that those flowers? Smells like pee."
Josh: "So THAT'S what that kitchen smell is..."
My dreams are shattered.
Posted by Sharlee at 12:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Was it the flower or were you cooking manudo? ‘Urine’ and ‘flower’ just shouldn't be in the same sentence (same with ‘urine’ and ‘soup’).
Does that mean you won’t be making any perfume out of this delicate flower?
BAHAHAHAHAAAA!! All that work and it's not even appreciated. That totally stinks (pun intended). :) At least it looks pretty.
Sheesh, you should have just got a dog!
I wish you could hear me chuckling! They're so pretty that hopefully it makes the pee smell worth it.
funny. Maybe next year you should have a picture of paperwhites. They really are beautiful.
Boys... What do THEY know :) I think you should just get a very powerful plug-in that smells like beautiful flowers. They sure are pretty, but I definitely know that smell.
Post a Comment