I have had much guilt and anguish over not sending Christmas cards out this past Christmas. I thought that perhaps it's time to esplain. I was really excited that the last second before it got too cold to have an outdoor photo shoot, we had one. I was excited that all the boys looked handsome, that the lighting was really good, that no one threw a fit, and that my Dad would take time out of his busy life to come and do it for us (If you don't have kids you really have no idea what an ordeal a photo shoot is. That's why it is such a rare occasion in our family). I was really happy that I had 100 pictures to choose from--surely there would be one to send to family and friends--for, lo, these many years we have rarely ever sent a picture of the whole family with our Christmas cards. Imagine my excitement....
...and then my disappointment after reviewing the shots, and finding that there was not a single one wherein everyone is looking at the camera at the same time (unless someone was squinting weird or had their eyes closed or had their finger in their nose (not naming names)--no fault of the photographer's of course). Nonetheless, just to prove that I DO have a family and that I love each one of their guts to death, and that they're growing like weeds, and that we wished you a Merry Christmas (in our hearts)....
Here are a few of our favorite disaster shots.

9 comments:
Oh, that one where you're the only one looking at the camera is by FAR my favorite. Think of the funny captions you could concoct! Especially since you're the only girl in your family.
I have decided that once you have more than two children (plus a husband), there is no such thing as a decent family picture. It just doesn't exist. Good try, though!
Are you coming to my house tomorrow? I assume not, since the weather has been poopy - probably in your neck of the woods anyway. Here it just snows and then melts. It's actually been pretty great.
Those are all way better than one with everyone looking at the camera and smiling at the same time. These show true life, and those are the best photos. Your family is super cute, with one adorable Mom!
And yet (Marianne), do I really want to blow one up to an 11x14 to hang on my wall?
My Dad has an ex-girlfriend who STILL sends our family a Christmas card every year.. She always looks gorgeous and her kids/husband/dog look like they hate their lives and her. At least your kids and husband don't look like THAT while you're looking like the super model you are :) What HANDSOME men and BEAUTIFUL Mom. I can't believe how TALL they are!
I loved the pictures. I agree the one with you looking at the camera and everyone else looking at something else is my favorite. Handsome family and they are getting so tall!!
I love them:). I'm sure your brother Matt could work some Photoshop magic and open your oldest boys eyes in that top picture, or replace his face with one where his eyes are open. That's a really cute picture! Talk to your bro! Cute family! Looks like you all have fun together and that's the most important thing!
I like the nose pickin' one the best. Funny thing, that is how I am in all my photo's too! ;)
You have a beautiful family!
I love them! They are so cute...love the nose pickin' one. This post made me feel so much better because I was also so proud of myself for putting in tremendous effort and picking out the perfect outfits, giving haircuts...etc...etc... just to be disappointed because one of my children had this crazy fake grin in every single picture! (He looked more constipated than anything...) You look gorgeous though and your famil is adorable...no matter what!
Post a Comment