Friday, October 30, 2009

Jonah Wears Stretchy Pants for Halloween. (It's for Fun)

Don't judge me if  I don't breathe the words 'Halloween Costume' in my house before October 31st.   I'm a firm believer that a mother ought not spend a dime of her precious money or a minute of her precious time filling costume orders from her kids (mostly because when they do it makes me look like a lazy, unfeeling cheapskate).  So, as was done by my mother before me, when Halloween day arrives (more like five minutes before trick-or-treating) I send the kids to the dress-ups and watch as they transform themselves into something creative and silly.  It's like a magic box, really, because it seems to always work out. (I call it No Pressure Halloweening).

Jonah had a Halloween Primary party this week and after sifting through the dress ups that morning, came in with a red cape and a curly wig and announced, "I'm Nacho!"

So, we went with it.

His Father was so proud.





8 comments:

Andrea said...

That is so flippin' sweet.

You should hand out toast to trick-or-treaters.

p.s. I think this just solved the, "what movie should we watch this Halloween" riddle for me. Thank you.

Nettie said...

Now THAT is awesome. You guys just had a brown curly wig hanging around the house? Lucky! What a perfect costume. Love the red undies.

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

I LOOOOOOOOVE it!! I hope he got some toast in his quarters this night too :)

Marianne said...

That is so awesome!!

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

haha he looks GREAT!!!! Did you know Kirk dressed as Nacho last year?!?! I still haven't seen the pics yet and am dying to lol so funny! I love the no fuss, no worrying dress up box halloween!!! :)

Michelle said...

AWESOME!

Debbie and Boys said...

He makes a much better Nacho than the original! He's so adorable. Halloween was a lot the same at our house growing up....

Unknown said...

Porter dressed up as nacho...around the house. Only, I can't POST the pics! He had on his undies, red thigh highs, boots, a cape, and a pair of blue underwear on his head!!!!!!!!!