Thursday, July 3, 2008

Kid Tag

Andrea tagged my kids and this is one tag that is worthwhile to all so here you are.  Oh!  And I tag Nettie's kids, Jennie's kids, and Desiree's kids.  


Note:  apparently the older your kids get, the more uncute their answers are.  My older boys both had a smart aleck  answer for every single question.  I did a lot of eye rolling and sighing but we finally go through it. I made them change most of their answers to real answers but some of the smart aleck answers WERE the real answers.  Needless to say it didn't make me feel encouraged as a mother.  There's a bit of truth in every sarcastic thing they say.  Oh well, if I'm not mistaken, and I am no expert in teen parenting, but when Spencer paints me as an evil dictator, I THINK that means I am doing my job.  I could be mistaken. p.s. the "tee-hee's" in parentheses indicate when Josh laughed when he thought he was being clever.


1.  What is something mom always says to you?
Jonah:  Just play with your friends first and then you play with your toys
Josh:  No!
Spencer:  Go to your room!


2.  What makes mom happy?
Jonah:  To clean up your room...I mean everybody's room
Josh:  Hugs & kisses and jobs 
Spencer:  Sending me to my room


3.  What makes mom sad?
Jonah:  To not clean up
Josh:  When we complain (Amen!)
Spencer:  When Dad is either really late coming home or he has to be somewhere and won't be here for a while


4.  How does your mom make you laugh?
Jonah:  Tickle me
Josh:  She doesn't (tee hee) just kidding.  By letting  me give her stupid answers.
Spencer:  She tickles me


5.  What was your mom like as a child?
Jonah:  umm..I don't know  Wait!  Bubbles!
Josh:  Her hair was funky  (sad, but so true.)
Spencer:  Shy


6.  How old is your mom?
Jonah:  5...umm..4       sharlee: 4?      Jonah:  No, 5-4!  (he thinks I'm 54 I guess).
Josh:  37?  35?
Spencer:  I can't even imagine how old you are (They love to tease me about getting old)


7.  How tall is your mom?
Jonah:  This tall (gesturing with his hands)
Josh:  5 1/2 feet?  (he got it right on)
Spencer:  5' 3"


8.  What is her favorite thing to do?
Jonah:  To let you go to bed  (I think Jonah's answer won, although Spencer's was a close second.)
Josh:  Make us do jobs
Spencer:  Torture me


9.  What does your mom do when you're not around?
Jonah:  Sleep
Josh:  Do bills, look at her blog
Spencer:  Nap


10.  If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Jonah:  I don't know
Josh:  giving the hardest work (tee hee).  Making up an awesome recipe like that declicious stuff with the orange peel.  Oh!  The cheepest parents around!  (tee hee)
Spencer:  dictatorship


11.  What is your mom really good at?
Jonah:  drawing stuff and buys stuff at the store 
Josh:  coming up with stupid comebacks
Spencer:  forcing me to put money in the bank


12.  What is your mom not very good at?
Jonah:  to not climb up the tree (sure thing)
Josh:  (in a sad voice) making us happy.  (tee hee).  letting us have freedom with our money.
Spencer:  giving me freedom


13.  What does your mom do for a job?
Jonah:  call on the phone
Josh:  watch everybody, like make sure everybody's o.k.
Spencer:  takes care of kids


14.  What is your mom's favorite food?
Jonah:  ketchup!  (he said that so quickly and certainly that I almost believed him)
Josh:  any chocolate sweets
Spencer:  french toast


15.   What makes you proud of your mom?
Jonah:  to be good
Josh:  she doesn't spoil us too much
Spencer:  her cooking abilities


16.  If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Jonah:  pokemon
Josh:  squidword  because you're so boring (tee hee).  No, the man in the big yellow hat.
Spencer:  squidword "          "          "     "  (see?  they didn't even hear each other's answers so I must be the most boring mom in the world)


17.  What do you and your mom do together?
Jonah:  clean up (I just want to know how a mom who's kids  are constantly cleaning up and doing jobs, according to them, could have a sty for a house?)
Josh:  go out for ice cream
Spencer:  eat food


18.  How are you and your mom the same?
Jonah:  we have flip flops thats the same
Josh:  we're related...our skin is the same color
Spencer:  we have brown hair


19.  How are you and your mom different?
Jonah:  Spencer is the same as me because he has brown skin wike me
Josh:  I like being spoiled and she doesn't like spoiling me
Spencer:  I have a scientific mind and she doesn't


20.  How do you know your mom loves you?
Jonah:  Because I love you and you love me each other
Josh:  she doesn't leave us at the store
Spencer:  cuz she gives me food



7 comments:

shanl said...

Your kids are so funny, Shar! Like hillarious. Just in that, you can tell they have self-confidence and that they love you. Isn't that how boys tell you they love you, by making fun of you?

Andrea said...

That was so cute! I loved their answers. I don't know how you would feel bad about your mothering from THAT. Sounds like they all just have a healthy sense of humor, and that's one of the best qualities ever...sure makes life a little more fun anyway. What funny kids.

Nettie said...

Those are hilarious answers Sharlee. You know they love you when they tease you. It shows a good relationship. :) You're such a great mom!

Marianne said...

So cute! I loved Spencer's answers because I could totally hear the "I'm such a picked on teenager" tone in his voice. I agree with everyone else's comments- you really can tell how much they love you because they can have fun with you. You're an awesome mom!

The Woodruff Family said...

Thanks for tagging me!! Liz had a great time answering all those questions. She really got into it. When I tried to ask Claire the question "What makes your mom happy?", she said, "Thomas the train!" And that was the only answer I got from her.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I'm almost afraid to ask my boys these questions! I think there's something in boys when they get to a certain age that makes them think they have to be "cool" or "witty" all the time... Sad that they're neither!!

Stacey said...

Shar! I love the questions you asked your boys! You are so brave! I don't dare ask my kids! Ha Ha! It is so fun to "see" you every week! Love, Stacey