Emmett started horse riding therapy in June. He loves riding and there is always a class afterward to teach them more about horses or about the other animals on the farm. This little girl that rode with Emmett was so cute with him. I am always so grateful for the people who volunteer to work with Emmett and others with disabilities. They amaze me.
Of course all of my pictures are out of order because I still can't figure out how to make them behave on this thing but oh well. Fourth of July weekend was crazy. Kendal spent all his daylight hours at work working on this project that has plagued our lives for months now. It is finally winding down and coming to an end (Yay) but I was left to try and make it a fun time for my kids.
So I took the kids to the parade on main street here. I have never been to such an insane parade. Every year about five days before the parade people start laying out their quilts, setting up chairs, and roping off sections of prime parade watching areas along Main street. There were so dang many people there I felt suffocated. Emmett was nervous the whole time as you can see in the picture--poor boy. That picture was taken before the parade even started. He
doesn't do well in crowds. The other kids could take it or leave it so next year we'll be sure to leave it. Every year I feel like, "hey, everyone else in town is down at the parade....maybe we should go too. I feel left out." But it's really not ever worth it.
Later that night we let the older boys light all the fireworks (their dream come true). Emmett had a blast watching. Jonah ran inside to hide from the sound of the fireworks and stayed there the whole time.
The night before that we went to our friends Roger and Tirzah's on the other side of the valley for a BBQ and to watch the stadium fireworks. They have a great view from their back yard. It was such a fun night. Kendal sat Emmett up on the trampoline along with all of the other kids and he loved it. He was also thrilled with the glow sticks Roger gave him.
Josh loves having a lemon-aid stand. He and his friend Austin spent a few hours out in the blistering heat and earned $8.00. They sold popcorn too (because I remember doing that at Stacy Johanson's house in Payette when I was little).

4 comments:
Cute pictures! Do I say that every time I post a comment? I loved that first picture at the parade - looked just like how you described it. Maybe next year you should come to our house for the 4th. We have a fun, small town parade - I love it. AND we can see the big city show from our yard, so really it's the prime place to be come July 4th! Tempted? Oh, I love that picture of Jonah in goggles. Funny!
I love these pictures of Emmett! You can tell that he's absolutely delighted by what he's experiencing in each photo. Let's take a few up at Bear Lake when we go next (hint, hint).
What a nice mom you are to do all that by yourself for the 4th of July. I'm such a crusty mom, I probably would have stayed at home. Your kids are getting so grown up. We can't wait to see you all at the Bates reunion...just a few weeks away! Yippee!
You are such a good mom. It looks like you are having a fun summer. I haven't read your blog for awhile so as I got caught up I laughed and cried and you are just as sweet and funny as always. Take care. I think of you often and i wish i would run into you sometime. Keep up the good work.
Cheri
Post a Comment