We had a fun Easter weekend. I have pictures but they are on Kendal's work camera & I haven't been able to download them yet. But anyway....on Monday I went to my Mom's and while there visiting with her and my sister Darla, got talked into doing this detox diet that they are doing. We all started it yesterday. Basically I can't eat anything. Just kidding...I can have water and veggies, eggs, chicken, fish, and nuts. It has been two loooong days so far. It is only for two weeks and then I can start adding some other things. So today I made a trip to Sam's Club to stock up on veggies. But I made the mistake of making enchiladas for my family tonight and while frying the flour tortillas in oil realized, for the first time in my life, how much they smelled like doughnuts! Well, I didn't mean to, but I scarfed a whole tortilla before I could catch myself. Ah well. It will be a miracle if I can do this, but I want to do it for my poor, aching body AND the fact that I've gone through a bit of a "growth spurt", if you will, and can't fit into my jeans. p.s. Shh...I haven't discussed the details of this diet with my husband cuz he would think I was INSAINE...and maybe you will too.
1 day ago

7 comments:
Sounds like a blast! Just kidding. It sounds like torture, but I know you can do it! I've been trying to follow the advice of some health expert on t.v. by eating slowly and consciously, but whenever you're hungry and whatever you want. I did GREAT the first day, but it turns out all I want is candy. So, although I did eat slowly and consciously, all I've eaten for the past week is candy and brownies and an occasional few spoons-ful of ice cream. It IS amazing how little you actually do need to eat to feel satisfied and even full (which has opened my mind to how very much we shovel into our mouths unconsciously and end up overly-full), but when none of it is nutricious...I think I'm missing the point here. Hope you do better than me.
Just for the record, I know how to spell nutritious, I just don't know how to proof-read. And I know it doesn't matter to anyone else, but it's a HUGE pet peeve of mine (mis-spelled words).
I'm proud of you. I've thought about attempting a diet like that, but that's as far as I got. Heaven knows my body needs some detoxing, but I wouldn't last 5 minutes. Good for you for making it this far- I'm sure you can make it the rest of the way too. Oh, and for the record, I think you look great already!
Are you tired of my picture plastered all over your comments yet? Well, just so you know I have checked your blog three times today, hoping you wrote another post. :) Are you trying for the once/week thing, or just whenever you think of something to post? I'll be waiting...
Yeah, you are insane! :) Sounds like a protein diet, ick. (Actually, it sounds like the 11 day diet...is that what it is?). You should do weight watchers with me, you can eat anything you want, just not a truckload of it. It's been the best program I've tried so far. But good luck if you stick to this one...doesn't sound very fun to me! :)
Nettie,
This is nothing like a protein diet, thank goodness. The first two weeks I'm eating mostly veggies and some meat, then I add fruit, then legumes, then grain, etc til by the end of the SIX weeks you have a really good healthy regular diet in place. The POINT of the diet, for me, isn't to lose weight (that is just a great side effect) but to get rid of toxins and thus, the ailments I've been plagued with lately (and there are many). By the end of the six weeks I'm suppose to have less of a sugar craving (because my liver will be cleaned out a little bit) and my metabolism will be working more effectively, AND I will be on the path to better eating habits, if I stick to what I learned. It is a diet that a doctor in Sandy has put together and I have no idea what it's called.
Hope that answered your questions.
Sounds like misery to me! I hope you survive - it does sound like detox. Let me know how it goes - I hate dieting! Unfortunately for me, I'll probably need to break down and go on one before I turn 40.
And just for the record, I think you look fabulous (even if you don't feel fabulous!).
Post a Comment