Sunday, March 30, 2008

Easter


One grin for the camera.

Kendal was sure to wear his best football outfit.  Spencer & Josh are poised for action.

"Whoa!  Sweet!" (That is really what he said)

I finally got our Easter pictures downloaded, though I couldn't figure out how to place them where I wanted them on here.  We spent the Saturday before Easter at my brother's house with most of my siblings and their families--we don't do the Easter Bunny so we always have a family get-together egg hunt.  (We've done that since I can remember.  When we were little it was always at Aunt Loa's farm and we always looked SO forward to seeing our cousins and eating yots & yots of candy.)  After a divine lunch of salads, soups, deviled eggs, and all manner of tasty tidbits, all of the big boys and men played football across the street at the park while the little kids hunted eggs in the back  yard.    Emmett wasn't having a very happy day but I did manage to get a pretty good photo of him.  I think he enjoyed watching the guys play football even though the wind was blowing and it was cold!  Here's a picture of Jonah enjoying his treats.  After he found several eggs he sat down on the steps with his loot.  I asked him if he was going to sit there and eat ALL of his treats and with ne'er a hint of guilt or shame he said "Yep."  And he did.  


4 comments:

Andrea said...

Don't you wish you could be as unabashedly guilt-free as Jonah? "Honey, are you going to eat all those brownies while I'm at work today?"... "Why yes dear, I think I am - have a great day!" Cause we know we will, so why the shame? Yeah, I can never figure out how to put pictures on my blog just so, either. It's a blogger mystery. I thought your comment about Kendal's "best football outfit" was funny - it struck me as so anyway, and I kept looking and laughing at that picture. Cause, after all, it's not everyday that you see a man playing football in a sweater vest. Hope there's no lasting damage to his physique after such an escapade!

Nettie said...

Jonah is getting so big Sharlee! I guess I haven't seen him or his picture in a long time. Cute pictures. I shouldn't check your blog so often, it makes me miss you guys even more. :( Sigh...better than never seeing you at all I guess. Can't wait for the Bates reunion this summer!!

Marianne said...

I had such a great time with you all at Matt & Amy's. I feel so blessed to have married into such a wonderful family. You're all so fun, nice, and good. Thanks for being that way!

Jason said...

Hey Sharlee! I was looking at Mariannes blog and saw she had a link to yours, so I had to take a peek! Hope you dont mind! Its so fun to see your cute family. Good job for starting a blog! I'm trying to get my sisters on board, and Lisa actually created one about a year ago, but hasn't posted anything since:) Life gets busy! Anyways. Hope you're doing well. Take care. Amy