I taped my glasses, parted my hair in the middle, and flattened it just so, making sure to add plenty of gel to keep it stringy. I put on a pair of Emmett's tube socks, leaving one slovenly scrunched at the ankle. I tucked my shirt into my workout pants and, most importantly, drew in a few eyebrow hairs.... between my eyebrows. I casually walked into Kendal's office, where he excitedly began to share with me his most recent research findings. I wasn't listening to any of it. I knew any minute he would "come to" and start laughing hysterically.
Wait for it.... wait for it... waiting...........for....... it........
Five minutes later, as he was summing up his findings he suddenly "focused". "Here it comes", I thought, excitedly. "I wonder what his reaction is going to be".
"Did you break your glasses, Babe?"
Really?
When a caterpillar between your eyes doesn't phase your husband...
Well at least I know he loves me for more that my looks. *Sniff*
*In his defense, #1 Kendal wasn't wearing his glasses and #2 He did quickly realize that it was my attempt at a Halloween costume and he did laugh and totally made my day. But it made me ponder how quick and easy it was to "transform" myself into nasty. I'm walking a thin line. For reals.

11 comments:
SERIOUSLY??? LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!! That is so hilarious Sharlee! And you are NOT walking a nasty thin line. Scary Mary looks nothing like you. Your husband DEFINITELY needs some glasses. And how fun for you to do that, it's great that you're keeping your marriage alive by making him laugh. You are so AWESOME!
Best laugh I've had all month! {Maybe longer, I have a terrible memory.} Hilarioussssss!!!
You might be walking the crazy line for posing that photo but who am I to talk. Did Kendal dress up?
Holy Cow!!!! and I thought it was bad when my hubby didn't notice I put on make up. Halloween is past, but I'm seriously tempted to try that experiment....I fear I'll have frighteningly similar results!!
ha ha/sob sob
I knew I shouldn't have read this until after I laid my sick, sleeping down.. Thanks for the good laugh! :) How's Emmett??
Sharlee Dear,
The picture was GREAT! Who was it of? Even if Kendal didn't laugh, we had a real hoot! Thanks, you ARE awesome! Hope the kids had fun for halloween too. Loved the eyebrow!
Seriously, the man is clueless!! If he couldn't see the "Scary Mary" in you he definitely was blind. I was laughing hysterically. Well just laughed hard. So funny.
You're brave. I'm too afraid to "try" to look ugly, for fear I'll end up looking the same...or better. Yikes.
I wish I had an office. Then you could have come and surprised ME with your awesome costume. I would have wet my pants.
I just had to resurrect myself because I seriously died laughing.
I never did comment how stinking hilarious this was! That's a good look for you!
Too funny!
You. Are. So. Funny. And we're related! (I think that makes me funny by association.)
Can you hear me laughing all the way from Georgia?
Thin line my foot.
Post a Comment