Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dean, the Racin' Machine

The 4th and 5th graders from this side of the Valley run "The Wellsville Mile" at the end of each school year. Emmett got to ride this modified three-wheel bicycle:

Looking fierce.

Amy: Aid/Trainer

Starting line jitters...

...and there he gooooooes! He loved to hear the crowds cheering for him (and Mom could hardly hold in her appreciation and joy to see him beaming and so proud to be a part of the "big race")

Proud Papa and Spencer

Pooped out

Watch him GO!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

That looks like a lot of fun! How far was the ride?

Andrea said...

Need to get that biker dude some leathers!

Woohoo Emmett!

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

That was awesome, Shar. I loved the video :) Man, I love that boy. I wish I could see him (and everyone else) at the reunion this year! Sigh.

Heather said...

I am so proud of you Emmett!!! Thanks for being such an inspiration to the people around you. Many of your 4th/5th grade friends wrote about you that day in their school journals. You will never know the amount of people you touch. Thanks for being patient with me! I hope you are having a great summer and not missing us to much. Love you Emmett!

Lori said...

WOW Emmett! That was awesome! The bike is very cool and I know it felt great to get out there and ride. So glad you participated :) Your photos always bring a smile to my face. Sharlee, you know I needed tissues after that video. Who modified the bike for Emmett? Is this a bike you have or just used for the day?
Take Care and give Emmett a "high five" from Elle :)

Sharlee said...

Lori,
I should have explained that Emmett has been training on his bike for many months. The bike belongs to the school district. They have all kinds of equipment to use for different kids. I think the motor aid and the school district's occupational therapist helped fix it up so that he could sit on it and stay on it. Fun, huh?

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

What a sweet boy and what a neat experience!!! I want everyone to cheer like that for me!!! :)

Mardee Rae said...

How priceless and inspiring! He looks like he had so much fun. It sounds like he had a lot of fans, too!

Nettie said...

I LOVED the video of Emmett. That was so cool. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks! Love ya!

AMIT said...

It seems u had much fun.

Make website india