Every year we have a Christmas party with some of our friends and exchange white elephant gifts. This was our beloved prize this year. We thought about hanging it on the bare spot at the head of our bed, but....
1 day ago
in my belfry
Posted by Sharlee at 6:34 PM
10 comments:
What the barnacle? haha I totally love it! That might come in really handy some day, right? :) I didn't see your last post til now, and thank you for sharing. I'll be praying for that family. I love your perspective and appreciate you Sharlee.
That's a great white elephant. I got some size 50 tan underwear, wanna trade?
THAT, my friend, is a classic piece of artwork. I would hang it in my kitchen to deter me from over-eating.
Ty's family used to do that (white elephant gift exchange), and I always thought our gifts were awesome, but no one else ever really "got" them. The last one I remember was an instructional video on karate from 1983. It was so sweet. I about wet my pants at the thought of someone opening it. But no one even chuckled. Well, maybe one - Ty. I'm glad they quit doing it. But I always dreamed of doing it with a group of people who appreciated a good white elephant!
Why don't you? It's so romantic!
Sharlee, I would get that piece insured!!
LOVE IT !!
Lori
SHARE THIS ONE WITH ANDREA-
THIS YEAR FOR A WHITE ELEPHANT AMONGST ALL OF MY MOMS SIBLINGS(WHO ARE ALL OVER THE AGE OF 50)
MY DAD (YOU KNOW WHO THAT IS......) WRAPPED UP A PREGNANCY TEST! I THOUGHT IT WAS PRETTY FUNNY!
Maybe I need that picture. In the event that the inlaws want to eat something that resembles a liver (granted, it will not be a human liver - I HOPE)
Size 50 huh, Desiree? I'll need those someday. Andrea, we should have a white elephant exchange at our next sister party (and I'll laugh extra loud and long when we open yours, k?). Everyone's comments made me laugh. Thanks guys!
Oh my gosh, what an eye sore! Take the picture out and buy a big poster of something you like. At least you have a free frame. :)
you best keep it for next year. You don't want a prize like that to be given to just anybody!
Post a Comment