Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Hoorah for the Pumpkin Pie!

Mmmm.  Thanksgiving.  Good food, fun times, at my Mom and Dad's house this year.  Everyone but Sharise and Andrea and their families attended.  The basement is the traditional feasting site, as we can line up a few tables end to end.  Those kids were awfully hungry by the time dinner was served!  They were so good and everyone played so well together all day long.   It wasn't Emmett's favorite day--he was tired and just wanted to go home I think--too many people.  
We had quite the cousin exchange afterward.  I don't know why we don't just come prepared for that every year, but, alas, my kids went to cousins' (actually Spencer stayed at Grandma's with Teague and Kiri) with only the clothes on their backs and not even a coat to keep them warm for the next couple of days (luckily it was unusaully warm and beautiful).  We all met back up at mom's on Saturday to return said children and that was a fun party too!  
It was a relaxing and quiet weekend without the big boys here.  I didn't even do laundry (because my dryer broke) so when the boys came home with stinky clothes all they had to change into were more stinky clothes.  Fun!






5 comments:

Desiree said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Feel free to come use my dryer anytime you want. Of course you would have to visit with me as your payment :)

Sharlee said...

You're too kind. I actually bought one yesterday from some old neighbors of ours but it is taking over two hours to dry a load. This is always my Christmas wish: to have appliances break down right about Christmas time and then play the used appliance game. It always soothes the soul. I wonder what will be next. It's so exciting just thinking about it.

dianeb said...

I love seeing all these pictures!
Your family is AWESOME!!!
I hear some family pictures were taken that day..... I'd love to see them!!!

Andrea said...

Hoorah indeed! Pumpkin pie, it turns out, is pretty good. I ate 3/4 of one this week. Come to find out I'll eat anything if it's just lying around. And if there's enough whipped cream.

I am glad you got a new dryer. Not glad it's not the dryer of your dreams. Glad you all had such a fun Thanksgiving. Not glad I wasn't there.

Marianne said...

It sure was a fun day! I'm so glad the cousins have so much fun together. Noah is in heaven when he's with cousins. I'm sorry about your dryer. Maybe Santa will bring you a brand new one.