This is what it looked like at our house this morning. Jonah asked why it is almost Christmas. Try convincing a four year old that it's not almost Christmas, when there is snow covering the ground! Impossible.
We so got jipped this year. What happened to fall, my favorite season of the year? Grrr. Noah loves it though. He was ready to build a snowman before the snow was even sticking. He didn't ask about Christmas, though, so I didn't have to worry about explaining that one. I'm hoping it will all melt and we can have a couple weeks of normal fall weather. I'm okay with snow, just as long as it comes when it's the right season!
I second the motion of "Uggh!" My kids were SOOOO excited to play in the four inches of snow they woke up to yesterday. I was so not excited to dig through every last bit of outerwear to try to come up with something for the girls to wear that would keep them dry and warm, knowing that in ten minutes I would just have to pick it all up off the floor, dripping wet, and try to find places to hang everything to dry. To my surprise, they played outside for close to two hours, so it WAS worth it. Now, the next day, I still have a pile of wet clothes to take care of. As long as my husband keeps me well-stocked in his world-famous (if your world is the Shuman household) hot chocolate, and as long as I don't have to go out in it, I'm good with snow. Too bad life still continues to exist despite the snow, and I DO have to go out in it. If I could only snuggle down in my house and hibernate until spring...
Yeah, I'm not excited about the snow, either -- since my mode of transportation is my bike. And I don't want to drive a CAR in the snow -- yuck! Joel keeps asking me what my plan is to get around in when it's snowy. It just makes me mad -- I don't want to THINK about it! I guess it really IS time to start thinking about it, but ARRGH.
That's a beautiful photo there, though, Sharlee! Snow is beautiful, even if it is cold and wet.
I's all, what? Cause my sidebar was telling me you updated, but there's no new post. Then I waited a few seconds (because my computer is suddenly SOOOO S-L-O-W) and saw that you changed your template. Cute!
4 comments:
We so got jipped this year. What happened to fall, my favorite season of the year? Grrr. Noah loves it though. He was ready to build a snowman before the snow was even sticking. He didn't ask about Christmas, though, so I didn't have to worry about explaining that one. I'm hoping it will all melt and we can have a couple weeks of normal fall weather. I'm okay with snow, just as long as it comes when it's the right season!
I second the motion of "Uggh!" My kids were SOOOO excited to play in the four inches of snow they woke up to yesterday. I was so not excited to dig through every last bit of outerwear to try to come up with something for the girls to wear that would keep them dry and warm, knowing that in ten minutes I would just have to pick it all up off the floor, dripping wet, and try to find places to hang everything to dry. To my surprise, they played outside for close to two hours, so it WAS worth it. Now, the next day, I still have a pile of wet clothes to take care of. As long as my husband keeps me well-stocked in his world-famous (if your world is the Shuman household) hot chocolate, and as long as I don't have to go out in it, I'm good with snow. Too bad life still continues to exist despite the snow, and I DO have to go out in it. If I could only snuggle down in my house and hibernate until spring...
Yeah, I'm not excited about the snow, either -- since my mode of transportation is my bike. And I don't want to drive a CAR in the snow -- yuck! Joel keeps asking me what my plan is to get around in when it's snowy. It just makes me mad -- I don't want to THINK about it! I guess it really IS time to start thinking about it, but ARRGH.
That's a beautiful photo there, though, Sharlee! Snow is beautiful, even if it is cold and wet.
I's all, what? Cause my sidebar was telling me you updated, but there's no new post. Then I waited a few seconds (because my computer is suddenly SOOOO S-L-O-W) and saw that you changed your template. Cute!
But I still want another post.
Post a Comment