This morning, as Kendal was pulling out of the driveway for work, I spotted this harry little beast next to my car and wondered what the cat had dragged in. It wasn't a mouse this time but a bat that looked like it was dead, but a lady can't be too sure. I immediately called Kendal, hoping he was close enough that he wouldn't mind coming back. He said "Arghh...I don't have time to come back...", and then just as if he'd never had the thought, said cheerfuly, "O.K., I'll be right there!" He came and took care of the poor disease-ridden creature--it was dead and I could have easily taken care of it myself but it's so much more fun to have a super hero (Batman!) do it for you.
1 day ago

4 comments:
That's kinda cool, well as long as it is at your house. Did your boys get to see it? I bet they would have loved it.
And THAT is why I got married. I mean, heck, the rest of it is great and all, but disposal of rodents, spiders, and other small - or large- beasts has to be in the top 5 reasons why women commit themselves to an eternity of male companionship. Nothing better! I love that men aren't afraid - doesn't it make you feel so safe?
Yes, Andrea. Your words are what I WOULD have written if I had some linguistic talent. It is nice that the "protector" role is fulfilled not only in huge and significant ways, by our brave men, but in seemingly petty and insignificant ways. It may not seem like a big deal to them, but to some of us sissies, it means the world.
His reaction makes me laugh! So indicative of men: his mind talking first, but his heart winning out and saving the day! Perfect!
Next time, Sharlee, when I go beading (I think they're going to do it once a month), you're coming! I kept thinking that the whole time I was there. So even if I have to drag you there biting, screaming, and scratching, you're there!
Post a Comment