Kendal is always trying to say words in Spanish (by adding "ito" or "ado" to the end of any 'ol English word). He has never taken a Spanish class or anything and since I have and I know pronunciation he knows it drives me crazy. A couple of years ago he wrote a tribute to Cinco de Mayo--some of you might remember it. Of course he really knows nothing about the holiday, or atleast he played like he didn't. I about wet my pants the first time I read it. Enjoy:
I take time to reflect as I eat my sandwich on this Cinco de Mayo, because this is the day in history the Spanish invented mayonnaise. A popular condiment, "mayo" has been spread onto more sandwiches and put into more potato salad than any other.
But then they started to find out about heart disease, and how the eggs used in mayonnaise were causing chest pain and numbness in the left arm. It took inspired Spanish scientists to concoct a low-fat mayonnaise that tasted just as good as the original, but wouldn't logjam the Aorta.
So once again on this Cinco de Mayo, or the "Fifth of Mayonnaise" as it's known to us English speakers, we lift our sandwiches and shovel the potato salad as a tribute to one of the great condiment gifts to mankind.

5 comments:
That is too funny! I kind of remember it from a few years ago, but not enough to keep me from laughing out loud AGAIN. Just last night I was mentioning to Ty that I always want to have a fun pinata-bashing fiesta for Cinco de Mayo, but that I forget every year until THAT day...then it's too late. I did make quesadillas though, so I guess that was a little celabratory. And, by the way, they were the best quesadillas I've ever had - my new favorite recipe! I'll have to try to include Mayonnaise into my menu somehow for next year, just to cover my bases.
Thanks, Andy. That makes Kendal proud. Tell me about your new favorite quesadilla recipe!
All I did was pan-fry some chicken in olive oil, sprinkled with taco seasoning. Then I cut it up and put it, along with monterey jack cheese and good ol' Taco Bell hot sauce, in a tortilla. Crisped it up a bit in the pan and served it with sour cream and salsa. So easy, but decidedly tasty. ALL of my kids AND my husband ate it, making it truly a hit, and another meal to add to my "Meals Everyone In My Family Will Eat So I Only Have to Cook One" list - yay!
ooh. That sounds really yummy. Thanks!
That is awesome. Good ol' Kendal. We love him-ito.
Post a Comment